Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Latest and Greatest

So even after promising myself that this blog would never get behind yet I seemed to have gone on a little blogging hiatus. I didn't mean to; I thought about blogging a lot and I even thought about what to say but truthfully, Alex and I have had boring lives' the last few months. Alex has been busy at the hospital and I have just been holding down the fort. Despite our uneventful lives, I was able to find a few fun things that have happened the last 6 weeks.


The city of Rochester is great at providing a lot of fun things to do, especially in the summer. We finished off August by attending First & 3rd, it is an outdoor market that is held every Thursday and runs from May to August. There are hundreds of booths and live entertainment.


I'm still looking for a job but after getting the rejection email for the job Alex and I were both hoping I would get, I decided to just enjoy the down time. I never really want all this down time until I don't have it. I know that once I find a job and once Alex and I decide to throw a child in the mix that I will be craving quite time and a flexible schedule. So needless to say, I have been living up the life of a stay-at-home-wife.



Alex and I spent some time enjoying the Fablehaven series. We both really enjoyed it. Alex finished much faster than me because he reads lightning fast. I, on the other hand, am a really slow reader so I will be finishing the last book, probably, tomorrow.

With so much free time I decided that our dining room wall really needs some color for cheap and this would be the perfect time to do a little craft to spruce up the bare wall.

I really liked it at first but then the pages started to peel and crinkle. After a few days it just ended up looking like it was...well homemade wall art. So I came across a cute simple piece of art at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. With the last of our gift cards we decided (I decided, with Alex's permission, of course) that this would be great in our dining room. Plus it was on sale for a steal of a deal.

I don't like it as much as I liked the first hour of the homemade art but I like it much better than I liked the next day of the homemade art. I plan to add a little more around it as time goes on.

So the other day Alex came home from work, quickly changed his clothes and came out to the kitchen where I was cooking dinner. I looked up to find him standing there with the same smile you would find on a kindergartner who did really well on his art project. Then Alex announced that his official MD license finally came. I'm so proud of him and all of his hard work.



Last, but certainly not least, Alex and I purchased a pool table. Go ahead judge us. Tell yourself how irresponsible we are to make such a large purchase. Now that you have judged us, I will inform you that we got this beauty for 20 bucks... yes, really just $20. Plus we got 10 cue sticks and all the necessary accessories to play with it.

It all happened while I was looking for a really cheap dining room table and chairs online. Alex and I are tired of not having enough room at our table to entertain and we both think that financially it would be wiser to buy a used table and refinish it. While looking I came across this ad. It was being sold by a sweet older couple. They just don't play pool anymore. We love having this table to play on and to have a place where our friends can come and play.

Now we are just waiting for all of you to come play pool on our table. Since it will require some traveling, perhaps you should just come, make yourself at home, and stay a while.

2 comments:

  1. I see that no one posts, so I am going to just so you know I look forward to updates. we can't wait to see your house, it looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Al! Jamie you're amazing. Alex is pretty lucky to have you. I'm jealous of the pool table.....$20, that's awesome! Love and miss you both!

    ReplyDelete